Small Business Loan Program
The EDA’s Small Business Loan Program is made possible by the Intermediary Relending Program (IRP) through the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). The program is designed to stimulate the economy and job growth. Under the IRP program, loans are provided to local organizations (intermediaries) for the establishment of revolving loan funds. These revolving loan funds are used to assist with financing business and economic development activity to create or retain jobs in disadvantaged and remote communities.
The Front Royal-Warren County Industrial Development Authority (dba Economic Development Authority) is a USDA approved “Intermediary,” and provides low-interest loans to qualifying businesses.
Who can apply for loan funds from the intermediaries?
The following entities are generally eligible to apply for loans from intermediary lenders provided they owe no delinquent debt to the Federal Government:
- Is an independent, locally owned business or locally controlled franchise.
- Owns, rents, or leases a permanent physical location in Warren County, VA.
- Has no more than 50 employees.
- Less than $1 million in annual gross revenue.
- Has a current Warren County business license, registered with the Commonwealth of Virginia.
For more information, contact Joe Petty at 540-252-0050 or [email protected]